Wednesday 7 March 2007

Grade 5 Science Project - 19/02/07 - Day 7




Today I did some research and observations.

Project Notes

Today I went on the computer and I was looking at websites that showed me a few more things I could do about the mealworms. One that I liked was to take a pan and pour a bit of water on one side of the pan and the leave the other side of the pan dry. Then you pour about 10 or 15 mealworms into the middle of the pan and record how many mealworms are on each side.

When I did this, I put 2 potatoes on one half with a gap just large enough for them to squeeze through. I thought that they would go to the middle, away from the water, but surprisingly, 2 of them went straight in to the water! Then they started lurching about. One of them came out at once when it realised that it was in water. The other one stayed in the water and stopped moving, and I think it is dead. Two of them are trying to escape but are failing while the other 2 remain calm.













Now 2 of them have stopped moving, but the other 2 still remain calm. They too have tried to escape and have not died yet.

No comments: